Last Revised: November 12, 2013
2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
• We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing address, phone and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
• When you upload your User Content into a Bin, you provide us access to your Personal Data including, potentially, sensitive information like financial information, healthcare records and information about your children.
• If you logon to the Services through a social networking site like Facebook or LinkedIn (an “SNS”), we will receive all of the information from the SNS that is associated with your SNS account.
• When you order Services on our Site or Applications, we and /or our payment processor will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
• We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
• When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information that you knowingly provide.
• When you post messages on the Services or on an SNS where we have a page or presence (collectively “SNS Pages”), the information contained in your posting may be republished on our Site and other users may be able to see them.
• We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
• We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in the Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
• To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
• If you are using one of our Applications, we may ask that you provide us your precise location, but we will collect the information only if you provide your consent.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
• to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
• identify you as a user in our system;
• provide improved administration of our Services;
• provide the Services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
• send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
• respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests, and
• to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties.
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data, including your User Content, by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Other Users of the Services as you Authorize. We will share your User Content with other Users of the Services, including, in the case of User Content that you make available to public areas of the Services and our SNS pages on social media sites. We will also make Personal Data contained in any Bin available to Readers where you authorize such access.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: conduct online chat, provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Mustbin.
8.Our Relationship with Third Party Services. We may offer you interfaces that allow you to connect with third party services and social networking services such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest (as noted above, collectively, “SNS”) through our Services. We will work with the SNS’s application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that SNS on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you will not provide us with your user name or password to the SNS, but you will need to log-in to that SNS directly through our Site. Once authorized by you, the SNS will provide us a token that allows the SNS to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You will be able to revoke our access to any SNS site at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS, though such revocation may limit the Services we are able to provide you.
9. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(a) Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
(i) most importantly you decide who has access to your User Content in Bins. You may authorize Readers to access your User Content within a Bin by providing them access through the Services. You may revoke a Reader’s access at any time, but if they have already downloaded the applicable User Content, we will not be able to retrieve any downloaded User Content. Please be thoughtful about the Readers to whom you provide access.
(ii) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(c) Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we will keep all transactions as business records and may be required to keep other information and not delete it (or to keep other information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
10. Security of Your Personal Data. We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
76 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110